We need YOU to help us change systems to better serve Hoosier families. Below are five ways you can engage.
1. Sign up for Action Alerts
During the state legislative session and at key points in the development of federal legislation, we send action alerts with quick, easy asks. Sign up here to receive these alerts.
Through stories, we can identify new areas where change is needed and support existing policy priorities. Sharing a personal story can interrupt damaging rehtoric and break down existing stereotypes or false beliefs about how the world works. When permission is granted, we share stories submitted to us on social media, in meetings with lawmakers, and at public events.
- Share your paid leave story
- Share your payday loan story
- Share a story about a safety net program (TANF, SNAP, Section 8, CCDF, etc.)
- Share another story
3. Sign on in Support of Existing Policy Priorities
Sign-on letters demonstrate broad-based support for policy change. We are currently collecting signatures on:
- A sign on letter in support of legislation to cap payday loans at 36% APR
- A sign on letter in support of legislation to provide reasonable accommodations for pregnant and lactating women at work
Your donations fund our time at the Statehouse and the Capitol.
5. Become a Change Champion
Ready to do more? Email us! We've worked with committed advocates on a variety of initiatives, including launching social media campaigns, writing letters to the editor, setting up advocacy trainings for their group, and connecting with lawmakers.