IN-CAA owns properties at 1845 and 1915 West 18th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana.
The building at 1845 West 18th Street contains 10,000 square feet of training, conference and office space and it serves as the headquarters for IN-CAA.
The building has been upgraded with all LED lighting to save energy, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and act as a show case for this new highly efficient lighting technology. The lighting upgrade was made possible through Federal Energy Efficient Congressional Block Grant (EECBG) that was part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act www.recovery.gov also known as the stimulus funding, and the grant was approved and administered through the Indiana Office of Energy Development http://www.in.gov/oed/
After maximizing the efficiency of the building’s lighting systems, we were also able to get a grant through Indianapolis Power and Light to reduce the costs of a 3kw Photovoltaic system which further offsets the buildings electric usage. Ermco Electric’s Green Energy group provided electrician expertise and labor for the installation with all of the components including the inverter and the panels being made in the USA.
The building contains the following general purpose rooms that can be used for training and other purposes:
- One large training room that accommodates up to 100 people classroom style (with tables). The room can be divided by a moveable wall that produces two meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 40 people per side.
- One small conference room that can accommodate up to 12 people.
- A laboratory that includes a wide range of combustion appliances including furnaces, boilers, water heaters, and kitchen ranges. The laboratory also includes select electrical appliances including heating systems.
- A dining room that can seat 42 people for meal functions, or can be used as an added training space for events that require additional space.
- A kitchen that supports the dining area for catered food that is brought in to support training activities.
- Office space for administrative personnel of IN-CAA.
Reception space and waiting area.
- A limited amount of rental space is provided to the Indiana Head Start Association.
The building at 1915 West 18th Street contains 15,000 square feet of space that includes:
- One training room that can accommodate up to 40 people classroom style or 30 people executive style.
- One classroom that can accommodate 20 people classroom style.
- Administrative offices for IN-CAA.
- Storage space to support training activities.
- A recycling center that receives materials from the buildings at 1845 and 1915 West 18th Street.
- Rental space that is provided to four not-for-profit tenants.
The two properties include parking space that is adequate for the busiest days when all training space is being utilized.