IN-CAA posts job openings at the Association and local Community Action Agencies (CAA).
The South Central Community Action Program (SCCAP) Inc., seeks the services of an experienced and highly capable Executive Director.
Applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following; Public Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Non-profit Management or related field, and have significant experience in a non-profit agency, plus a minimum of five years' relevant work experience. Preferred candidates will have a demonstrated track record of senior leadership and must be experienced in working with a Board of Directors and a large, capable staff.
- Knowledge and experience in the general administration of comprehensive community action services in an organization with multiple locations.
- Proven record of leadership that reflects positive professional and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in communications and public relations including a record of positive involvement with agency partners, staff, and the community.
- Knowledge and experience in the management and development of personnel within the context of federal, state, and funding agency regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of agency finance and financial management including budget development, deployment, and monitoring.
- Knowledge and experience in positive interactions with a Board of Directors.
- Experience with the administration of a Community Action Agency or like organization.
- Ability to collaborate, create community partnerships, and mobilize community resources to further the SCCAP vision and mission.
- South Central Community Action Program (SCCAP) serves low-income
families and individuals over a four county area in South-central
Indiana and delivers a scope of services to Brown, Monroe, Morgan and
- South Central Community Action Program (SCCAP) employs over 100
staff members. The Executive Director is supported by 10 Directors and
Coordinators of multiple programs and services.
- The organization's operating budget is approximately $10 million.
- SCCAP's mission statement: We provide opportunities for
low-income individuals and families to achieve personal and economic
- Salary range is $60,000 to $85,000 based on experience and education. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Benefits package includes health, dental, 403B, life, and disability insurance and leave time.
- Relocation reimbursement is not available.
Application and Selection Process:
Only applicants who submit a SCCAP employment application, resume, AND cover letter, will be considered for the position. The selection of the successful candidate may be made by assessment of experience and education, oral interview, criminal background check, review of references, and other appropriate, job-related selection procedures.
Friday, February 03, 2017
For complete job description and an SCCAP employment application, please visit http://www.insccap.org.
SCCAP, Inc., is an EOE agency.
There are no additional postings at this time. Please check back later for updates.