Annual Report: 2018
What a year it has been! We titled this year's annual report "Changing Narratives, Changing Policy" to reflect our successes in shaping conversation about both working families in Indiana in general and about issues like public benefit programs, payday lending, and wage gaps.
This title also speaks to our ongoing commitment to lift up the narratives of struggling Hoosiers in order to challenge the public and our policymakers to improve conditions.
It reflects the victories we have won and those still to come.
We invite you to join us in making 2019 an even more incredible year. Our goals for 2019 include:
- Advance an ambitious policy agenda - We will fight for reform to payday lending, greater access to high-quality early education, transformation of the TANF program, improved job quality, and increased wages.
- Commit to equity - We will continue to push ourselves to better understand and speak up about the role of race, gender, ability, and other social identities in access to opportunity & financial well-being by disaggregating data, seeking out new stories & voices, and recruiting diverse advisers, staff, and partners.
- Grow our base of supporters - We will continue to expand our reach with a 25% increase in email subscribers, social media followers, and volunteers. We will double our number of donors and grow our existing coalitions.
- Expand our reach - We will increase our earned media 25% and diversify the regions of the state we reach with social media, events, and earned media, targeting at least three new areas.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships - We will continue to convene - at least four times per year - and support existing coalitions around skills, equal pay, and payday lending, and build new coalitions to move other priority areas forward, connecting with at least ten new organizational partners in 2019.
We have our work cut out for us! How will you take action?